Garmin Philippines has launched the new Forerunner 255 series, which builds upon the popular Forerunner 245 series, now providing full triathlon support, new training metrics, enhanced smartwatch features (when paired with a smartphone) and more, while introducing the particular Forerunner 255S and Forerunners 255S Music in the more compact 41mm sized case.
“Garmin always innovates with the athlete in mind, ” says Mr. Scoppen Lin, Assistant General Manager, Garmin Asia. “With the Precursor 255 collection, we have always wanted to ensure that our customers are provided with the best tools that will help them improve their performance and achieve their goals. ”
“What makes this series special is that will the Forerunner 255 was designed by runners for joggers, providing our customers– our own athletes with everything they need right on their wrist, ” says Sheena Sim, Regional Marketing Manager for Garmin Philippines. “So instead of you figuring out how to analyze the data upon your own, you’ll have your smartwatch, providing the insights for you. ”
Here’s what’s new:
- Full triathlon assistance: Switch up a workout routine with triathlon and multisport activity profiles. During races and brick workouts, easily toggle between sports along with a single button press.
- Morning report: Receive the particular day’s weather and daily workout suggestion, as well as information about last night’s sleep and HRV status. 1 The report can even be customized so athletes can view only the details they want to see.
- Race widget: View race prep information – including a race day-specific performance prediction, race day weather plus a countdown clock – all within one widget. Once the race is scheduled, daily suggested workouts will adapt based on an athlete’s race plans.
- HRV status: Track heart rate variability while sleeping in order to get a better handle on recovery and a good overall wellness picture.
- Daily workout suggestions: Provides an entire week of day-to-day training guidance on what workout is most effective for overall wellness and will adapt depending on race plans that are set up using the new race golf widget.
- Garmin Coach: Train for the 5K, 10K or half-marathon with free training programs that adjust based on a runner’s objectives and overall performance.
- Multi-band GPS: Garmin’s reliable GPS accuracy just got better. By enabling multi-band, multi-satellite-system tracking on the watch, athletes can receive more accuracy in their run data, even in the most challenging environments.
- Native operating power: When using the Running Dynamics Pod (sold separately), receive real-time metrics of how much power is being exerted on a run, built into the particular watch – no app required.
Offering personalized training and recovery information, the Forerunners 255 series includes efficiency monitoring tools to help sports athletes push the limits. Athletes can also switch up exercises with dozens of built-in sports apps, including triathlon, cycling, pool and open-water swimming, track run, and more. The collection also features a Wrist-based Pulse Ox3 and the Body Battery™ which shows current energy levels to assist athletes find the best times with regard to activity plus rest. It also aids women by featuring menstrual cycle tracking and pregnancy monitoring, helping them adjust their training to plan regarding upcoming competitions.
Whether working out alone or with friends, built/in safety plus tracking functions include incident detection, assistance and LiveTrack to let loved ones follow along on an operate or ride. Following a workout, the Precursor 255 series will automatically upload activities to Garmin Connect, a no-cost, subscription-free platform where athletes may view all of their own health and fitness data, connect and compete with friends, sign up for challenges and much more.
Packed with connected features, the particular Forerunner 255 series lets users get the most out of their smartwatch with smart social plus SMS notifications, and also pre-installed music that can store up in order to 500 songs from Spotify®.
The Forerunner 255 and Forerunner 255S is now available at Garmin Brand Stores, kinetic. com. ph, Lazada, Shopee and the Garmin PH Viber Community, and retails for P21, 975 whilst the Forerunners 255 Music is also available for P25, 115. With any purchase of the Precursor 255 collection from any official Garmin store, customers can avail of the 20% discount voucher intended for ASICS. Terms and conditions apply while stocks final.
For a lot more information around the Forerunner 255 series, visit Garmin’s virtual pressroom at ph. garmin. com/news/pressroom and on our blog at garmin. com/en-PH/blog. For other promos, follow us at Facebook, Instagram, YouTube.
SIGN UP TO DAILY NEWSLETTER